10 Things About Me
I really love finding out new snippets and details, so here are 10 things you may not (or maybe you do…) know about me!
1. Disneyland is my happy place. I’m a little picky about it — we do NOT go during the summer, we rarely do weekends, and we pull the kids out of school to avoid crowds, but it’s still one of those magical places that makes me so happy, inside & out.
2. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2008. It’s been 11 years of medications, crazy fatigue and annoying symptoms, and I basically survive on caffeine, but I power through it. The most annoying part? It takes approximately 6 WEEKS for a medication dosage change to really take effect and feel better. Seriously, thyroid?!
3. I started taking High Fitness classes in July 2017. Let me just clarify that I. HATE. CARDIO. Even 18 months later, I still only like this class for cardio! This class has given so much light, fun, and power to my life. I certified to teach classes this past summer and it’s been amazing!
4. I hate red dot notifications on my phone. Like, I really hate them. I don’t understand how people have thousands of notifications… I get anxiety with a dozen! I have to turn my phone on do not disturb when I’m working so I don’t get distracted by the red dots!
5. I have had just about every hair cut and color over the years. I’ve had long hair, I’ve had short hair (like pixie cut short), I’ve had platinum blonde, I’ve had pink hair, I’ve had brown hair. Only thing I’ve never done is black hair. I always come back to mid-length blonde, so I guess that’s my jam.
6. Over the past couple years, my husband and I have realized how much we love to travel. Would you believe I still have flying anxiety, even with as much as I do it every year?! Despite that, there’s still something really refreshing about leaving the kiddos behind and exploring new cities and states. Thank you RMP clients for making some of these trips happen!
7. I will choose the beach over the mountains every day of the week. Especially if that beach is in Hawaii.
8. I love competition shows to a fault, but I just can’t get into the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I’m glad you guys like it, but I scratch my head every time I see clips. Give me chefs, weight loss, addicts, and drag queens any day.
9. I am obsessed with soft blankets and fluffy pillows. My husband says we have too many pillows on the couch & bed… I don’t believe that’s a thing. I’m also the person that turns up the AC during the summer so that I can sleep with a blanket because I love the weight and feel of a good blanket. So yeah, I have at least 4 pillows on my side of the bed, at least 2 blankets, and I might as well admit I still have a blankie (as seen on the left). My husband on the other hand? He sleeps with a sheet and one pillow, year-round.
10. Being a WAHM (work at home mom) is no joke, guys. I’ve been a stay at home mom, I’ve been a working mom, and for the past 7 years I’ve been doing them both out of my home office. No joke, this is the hardest of the three for me! Splitting my time & my energy, never mind staying focused when you can hear your kids terrorizing your poor husband downstairs? So if anyone has a good recommendation for headphones that won’t hurt my ears/can be worn with glasses…